Menu
harriettep
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Phone cannot call landlines

My landline will not call other landlines, both in the UK and overseas, although it can make and received calls to and from mobiles. A test of the line revealed an "electrical fault" on the line, but technical support informed me that this was a problem with "call blocking" and I have requested to turn it off. Can anyone tell me if this will fix the problem, and why it happened in the first place? I would prefer a solution that would let me make and receive calls and also avoid nuisance calls.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone cannot call landlines

Hi harriettep,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for reaching out with your concerns. I'm sorry that you've been unable to use your landline as expected.

I can confirm that call barring is one of the various call features we supply at customer request. This particular feature prevents certain types of calls being made, e.g. premium calls, mobile etc. This would have been applied at point of sale following a conversation with the agent regarding your preferences. I do apologise if there was any misunderstanding on either part.

If the team have arranged to remove this for you, this will remove the related block and you will be able to make calls as normal.

I'm afraid we don't have any features to restrict nuisance calls, other than Anonymous Caller Rejection. However, you're always welcome to register for the TPS, an independent service to reduce nuisance calls.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos