Menu
Claira1374
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Phone adapter

Hi there, I want to connect my landline to my hub but don't have an adaptor to do so. Tried ringing CS who were quite frankly useless and told me I have to go out and buy a new phone handset!! Surely this isn't right, I see from questions on here that there is an adaptor that can be used, does anyone know where I can get hold of one please

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone adapter

You can't currently choose the type of connection you have for your home phone service i.e whether it is via the Hub or via the separate line.

If you have the separate line installed and active, then you'll have that until Virgin Media write to you to tell you there is an option to change.

Where a new phone line is installed, that will now always be via the Hub and there is no option for customers to have any installed separate line line enabled. Any customer who has the Hub line activated as part of a new home phone service will be sent any appropriate adapter needed.

Overall the home phone service works in exactly the same way no matter which type of line you have. There is no specific advantage of having a Hub based line, compared with the separate line.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Claira1374
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben, the installation is less than a year old so I already knew it needs an adaptor to connect to the hub, but I just need to know where I can get one from. Customer services said they don't supply them but couldn't tell me where would! 

0 Kudos
kayakmoose
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

In the same situation. Is it a RJ45 adaptor or not. Cant get a straight answer form CS apart from "Buy a cable"

Funny How I ordered the service and i am paying for it yet cannot use it as it was not stated that i have to supply my own cabling.

I have already had  to buy my own splitter and cabling that was not supplied in the quick start pack.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kayakmoose, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I'm sorry you're having this peculiar issue with your phone line.

The reason why i'm saying its peculiar is because I've taken a glance at your services and you should have had a cable given to you when you were installed.

Can I ask, when you were installed, was it a self install or a manned install? 

We don't have an answer for you at the moment, but we're on the case and will get back to you as soon as we know more information on how to resolve this for you. 

Thanks for your patience with this, we'll try our best to get this sorted for you don't worry.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Claira1374
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan, as the original poster of this query it would've been nice for you to have replied to me!! Ours was installed by one of your technicians if your interested 😡

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just to mention that as far as I know the adaptor is a standard RJ11 to BT Socket one that you should be able to easily source from Amazon or elsewhere - but one you should have got as part of the Hub line install or activation.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
kayakmoose
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well guess what. Another different answer. 

I was told RJ45 by virgin CS

So is it RJ11 or RJ45

Please direct your comments to the O/P as she started this thread yet had zero replies or input from virgin. 

Thanks and sorry for hijacking this thread

0 Kudos
kayakmoose
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Mine was a quick start pack as I was upgrading from broadband only to full package. 

No splitter

No cable

No adapter for phone to hub. 

Called tech support and was told to use wall (open reach type socket)

I knew this would not work and called back to be told to use hub. 

Told I would have to pay for cable or wait a week and pay for engineers visit. 

I bought a splitter and cable from a shop and fitted TV v6 box but it's a bit of a joke asking me to go and buy a cable adapter which nobody can give me a straight answer of which type to get my phone working. 

Its like going to mcdonalds for a burger but having to supply your own bun.