cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Switch Over

01Les
Joining in

I phoned 150 to ask the qustion when the swith over to fibre phone happens how do I go about getting all my phones in over rooms to work (4  phones) I was told after 45 mins wait that a link would be sent to my email and then was cut off. Still no link hour later. In stead of going throu this again does eny one no the answer or do i just have to stop useing all my phones. This is progress?

Les

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Nonsense 'get-you-off-the-line' answer was given to you by CS phone support.

Review the info here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone/switchover

in which VM offers to connect up existing extension sockets free of charge as part of the process.

However, you need to book a technician to do this when you receive notification of your switchover and you may need to press VM hard to do it for you as they generally seem to be trying to ignore and avoid their own info above at the moment in recent answers on here or are seeking to extract a £25 fee for the work as a 'wiring modification'.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello 01Les, 

Thanks for your post 

I was just going to explain this to you but the ever so helpful @goslow has just pipped me to the post

Gareth_L

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Always happy to help 😁 and point out VM's published info which says it should all be free of charge, especially for any older customers who might not be aware, or worried about it or unable to afford to buy new cordless phones etc. etc.!

Just so you know...

We’re switching your home phone service over to our fibre network from the traditional telephone line at no extra cost.

and

You’ll need to book a free technician visit if:

You’ve got connected devices such as a burglar alarm linked to a control centre, use a telecare device, or have other phones connected to extension sockets. You’ll need to contact your provider and let them know about the switch if you have any of these to make sure they’re compatible with a fibre service

Your Hub and phone can’t be placed near each other