Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone Service

Since VirginMedia have done away with the standard telephone service in favour for a VOIP Service through broadband modem! Why do they not provide a back up battery within the modem so we can still make calls in the event of a power cut. My house hold has a poor mobile phone coverage and depend on a landline for emergency calls. Virgin are putting people’s lives at risk for medical emergencies and also my alarm requires the phone line for monitored intruder alarm monitoring. VirginMedia need to sort themselves out!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone Service

Hello,

We do offer a battery emergency power unit for emergency calls if you are on VOIP phoneline.

If you need one then please private message me with your account number and postcode and I can get this organised for you.

To send a PRIVATE MESSAGE please hold over my name until the option send message pops up.

Zoe

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi.
We do provide a battery back up unit for people that have lifelines or who need to make an emergency call in the event of a power cut or a fault on the broadband.

If my answer was helpful to you please mark you post as helpful answer and consider leaving kudos.
Thanks Scott

Want to do right by your nearest and dearest and both earn a £50 credit off your bill? It's simple, Just text ‘RAF 92082 to 80011 with your postcode, account number, friend's name and phone number, so we can call them now.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

We do provide Battery Backup Units to at risk customers you usually should get asked when converting to 21CV or when installing for the first time via a couple of questions. These run on a mobile sim and can make 999 calls in an emergency but do not enable you to call any other numbers as they do not have credit loaded on them. Generally we would also offer these to our lifeline customers (you have to register for this by talking to CS which i know is difficult right now).

Hope this helps
Jake
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Want to save £50 off your bill by referring a friend? Send me a PM and I'll let you know how!

0 Kudos