Menu
JeffreyGray1963
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Phone Not Working

My home phone isn't working. Completely dead. I've checked the website for outages in the area. There are none. I've bought a new handset and confirmed that wasn't the problem. I can't get through to you on the phone. Can I get the fault repaired? It's been going on for a couple of weeks now. If I can't get it repaired I don't really care - I hardly ever used my landline - but can I get a discount because one of my services doesn't work?

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone Not Working

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, JeffreyGray1963,

Sorry to hear that you have been having landline issues. Are you getting a dial tone? Also can you confirm how if your phone connected: to the wall or to the hub?

We do also have an online troubleshooter that might be able to help get things sorted here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone-line-faults

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
JeffreyGray1963
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Phone connected to the wall. I've been through the troubleshooter.

0 Kudos
JeffreyGray1963
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

… and no, I'm not getting a dial tone.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming, 

We can see an area fault which may be affecting the services, I'll include the information on this below.

Reference: F008781329   

Estimated repair time: 08 FEB 2021 09:00

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
JeffreyGray1963
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well, whatever they have done hasn't positively affected me yet. Phone still not working.

To be honest, the landline not working is a minor inconvenience and not much more. If it's going to go on for months though, there has to be some billing adjustment surely. I don't know what the small print says, but surely they can't charge me week-in-week-out running into months for a service they aren't providing.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi JeffreyGray1963,

Sorry to hear there's still an issue, 

I've had a closer look and been through diagnostics, it's something that will need an engineer to resolve. 

I've arranged this for you, and you can view the time and date of the appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm