Menu
Lidsunited
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone Not Working For Elderly Inlaw

Hi,

My elderly father in law has lost his phone connection, despite trying all the usual help solutions it is still dead.

He has no internet/broadband connection so he relying on us to try to get it repaired. We have phoned virginmedia for help and it is the usual get out clauses applied "due to unprecedented demand etc or our systems are down".

We have been told to phone again tomorrow and hopefully they should be able to help. My father in laws only contact with the outside world is through his phone.

We would just like someone to advise us on how to get his phone working again and not tell me that my phone is working and there are no known faults or outages in my area. I know that.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone Not Working For Elderly Inlaw

Hi Lidsunited

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of the phone line issues and will PM you now to assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Lidsunited

Thanks for joining me on PM.

This has been raised as an outage under reference F008653082. The estimated fix date is tomorrow at 4pm

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Lidsunited
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cheers John.

I have been on nights, my wife has just told me that her dad had phoned her earlier to say his phone is working.

Mike Liddy

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Great to hear all sorted, Mike 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos