cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Line

Nophonelinexxx
Joining in

Why has my home phone been disconnected and now I’m being asked to pay more to reconnect it?  My existing contract includes home phone, can someone just reconnect it and we can all carry on with our lives?

For info, I’ve managed to find this forum, read other similar messages, sign up and verify in the time it has taken for nobody to answer my phone call in the customer care team.

That’s 45 minutes I will never get back.

Signing off.

6 REPLIES 6

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Nophonelinexxx and thanks for getting in touch with us here on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear that your landline has been disconnected, have the team advised why this happened and why you have to pay more to get it back up and running?

Is it with regards to the migration to our fibre network?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Nophonelinexxx
Joining in

Hello Steven,

No I don't know why I have to pay more than the fee agreed in my contract with you.  Nothing has happened since my last post on here.

Can you resolve this please?

Thanks for confirming, Nophonelinexxx.

If your Landline has been disconnected, without you requesting it - this will most likely be due to our migration to Fibre Phone. We send notifications out over several months to advise that the change is happening, and if you don't request a migration, your Landline will be removed. This may affect the ability to re-add this to your package at the same cost.

I'm going to send you a private message to look into this further - please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope. If you don't see it there, just tap your Profile Picture and select the "My Messages" tab.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Nophonelinexxx thanks for your reply to Reece via PM.

I am just coming back publicly here. As mentioned previously, the landline will have been disconnected due to the migration and removed from the package - we will have sent several communications regarding this so this will not have been done without notice.

You'd need to speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 as they are the best team to assist with package changes - they'll look into the best possible offers available, these do regularly change and are subject to availability so hopefully they will be able to resolve this soon.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Nophonelinexxx
Joining in

Brilliant thank Forum Team, excellent work.

Hi @Nophonelinexxx thanks for your reply.

We appreciate this is frustrating, but we do not support with package changes over here, we originally was looking into your landline issue as a potential technical fault (just in case it hadn't been removed by us) but given this has been disconnected due to no contact from yourself, we have removed the landline as mentioned above.

The team will do their best to find the best possible package for you here.

Many thanks

Tom_W