Menu
Aj542
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Phone Line not working!!!!!

Hi

I have recently had Virgin Media installed and unfortunately have never been able to use the phone line.  When picking up the handset it was as if there were 2 lines running at the same time.  One would say the number has not been recognised and the other would try to dial out.  Spoke to someone at Virgin Media who said there was a fault in the area and that an engineer was on his way and it would be fixed by a certain date.  The date came still not sorted.  Phoned again given another date....still not sorted.  Rang a 3rd time again given a date still not sorted!  

now my phone has a very quick intermittent tone still can’t dial out and incoming calls go straight to answerphone (I’ve been told). My son in law has just called them again and they Said they would Refresh the system at their end as it has been idle and hopefully this will work.  It now states online (ran a status test) and it says “looks like there’s an issue with your Equipment”

im running out of ideas now on how to solve this.  Could it be my phones?  Are all phones compatible?  Beginning to wish I hadn’t swapped over and I only had it installed a month ago!!

Any help greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone Line not working!!!!!

Hi Aj542, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've had some trouble with the line. 

Upon checking your account I can see there is an SNR outage in the area affecting you, the current fix date/ time for this is 10th March at 13:25pm and the fault reference is F007763227

the engineers are working as hard as they can to fix this, however due to the complexities of the issue it's taking a little longer than normal.

I have made sure this is logged on your account, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Aj542
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex_Rm

Thank you very much for looking into this for me.  Fingers crossed for the 10th March then.

I really hope it will be resolved.  What happens if it isn’t I can’t be without a telephone for much longer?

thanks again

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Aj542, we really appreciate your concern over this as we understand you need to have a working line.

If after the 10th of March you are still having issues we would need to check if and possibly arrange a technicians appointment for you.

Please keep us informed with how you get on and if you need further help we will be happy to assist.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Aj542
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodie_S

Thank you for replying.  Unfortunately it still hasn’t been fixed!  Yes please, if you could arrange for a technician to come out that would be really helpful as I’m no further forward.

i look forward to hearing back from you with an appointment date.

Thanks again 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aj542,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I have checked the reported fault (F007763227) in the area and sadly the estimated fix time has been pushed to 17/3/20.

Our apologies for the delayed with this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Aj542
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi

This is now the 5th date I have been given.  Just getting ridiculous now.  I keep getting promises that it will definitely be fixed by the given date only for me to be given another date.  Really wish I hadn’t swapped.  The last reply I got stated that a technical engineer would come out and now I’m not even being offered that.

If it’s not fixed by that date I will have no alternative but to ring and cancel and go elsewhere as I’m not getting the service I signed up for!  Surely someone can sort this.

Please can someone reply to explain exactly what the problem is and why it’s taking so long all I keep getting told is that there’s a fault but my neighbours don’t seem to have a fault.

i look forward to hearing from you.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aj542,

I completely understand that this has been disappointing and above all very frustrating for you. I am sad to hear you wish you'd never changed providers and we'll do all we can to turn this around.

As this is a case of an external fault impacting your services, sending an engineer to your property wouldn't be a solution. Of course, if your issues continued after the fault has been reported to be fixed, then we would arrange for someone to come to your property.

Depending on where the fault lies on the network, can mean that different houses will be affected. SNR issues can be more complex than a cable break for example, and therefore may take longer to fix.

All the best,

Beth

0 Kudos
Aj542
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth

just received a text message from virgin media advising that the problem is now fixed. However my phone line is still not working,I have been without a phone line now for 5 weeks and find this totally unacceptable, I am an elderly person who requires a phone especially now in these circumstances, I was told an engineer would be sent out if I was informed the problem was fixed but still wasnt working.  As this is the case then please send an engineer out immediately

Thank you

0 Kudos
Aj542
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, As you are aware, my phone line is still not working. I had the package installed on 13 February 2020 and on complaining was told on 5 occasions that you knew about the fault and this would be rectified, my tv and broadband is working fine but still after 5 weeks I still don’t have a phone line. I received a text on 19Feb advising that all the problems had been resolved however I am still unable to phone out or receive any incoming calls. I do have a lifeline installed but should I need their help would be unable to contact them.  Please would you get an engineer out as a matter of urgency if I haven’t heard from you by Monday 23 March I will have no alternative but to cancel  my package with virgin media 

Mrs A Jackson

0 Kudos