cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Line no longer working & unable tocontact virgin

Berllan14
On our wavelength

Our home phone stopped working yesterday & have been  unable to contact virgin to report it . I follow the online links which is frustrating as it sends me in circles ! Help please how do i even report this to get this fixed !

19 REPLIES 19

Berllan14
On our wavelength

I have checked everything my end and all ok the phone is plugged into master socket  but no dial tone .

The service status states no problems in our area but there is definitely a problem which i need to report but how ?

Hi @Berllan14

Welcome back to the community

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your landline at the moment.

How many pieces of equipment are connected to the phone line?

There are a few troubleshooting checks I will need you to perform to see if they are successful in resolving the issue. Can you: 

• Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON.
  • Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets.
  • Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in.

Let me know if any of these checks work at all, or if anything changes with the dial tone. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thank you , 

Yes all checked and fine. However before i even did the checks i tried the phone again and can now send and receive calls.So the main part of the issue has been resolved.

However with no dial tone. I am sure we previously had a tone when we lifted the handset ?

Glad to hear that you are now able to make and receive calls again. 

That is strange that you don't have a dial tone, as you need one to physically make calls.

Do you hear anything at all when you pick up the phone? Do you hear any tones when you press the numbers to dial out? 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Yes I can make calls ok and hear the tones as I dial the numbers all appears to work fine but just no tone aside lift the receiver 

Hmm, please monitor and let us know if you notice the phone has stopped being able to make / receive calls again and we'll investigate  further. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Once again our phone line has gone completely dead ......your help appreciated please !

Hi Berllan14, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear your landline has not been working for you. Can you please advise, if you've tried using an alternative handset?  Also, is your phone plugged into your hub, or a traditional phone socket?  Have you received any communication regarding the switchover to 21st Century Voice?  For future reference, you may wish to check for potential faults in your area here.  That link would also allow you to login and book a technician if required.  Also you may find here and here, useful.  However, as you've reached out to us, I would love to have a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.
Regards

Lee_R

Berllan14
On our wavelength

Thank you Lee,

Have sent you also a reply to PM , the link you sent re"help to help useful" simply sends me in circles and does not lead to resolve anything , do you know why that is , is the website in someway broken ?

so you assistance appreciated.

Kind Regards Alan