cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Line Nothing

CurlyA74
Joining in

I had an engineer out today to fix up my Home phone to the Hub.TWO Hours later I now have NO phone working.No dialing tone something can't even contact Virgin on 150 for free .

I was told my switch over date was today and told it would be working.

Nothing yet .

When will it be working?

7 REPLIES 7

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi CurlyA74 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry for the home phone issue. I noticed from a system check you've had a tech visit today, what was the result please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi Well he said it was all sorted after doing what he needed to do.

He had done something in the box down the road and spoken to someone his end to adjust something and said it would all be ok 

Tried to make a call and all nothing I can't even dial it's just dead 

Also can hear like a static sound when I pick phone up so something their but not able to cut it off to make a call 

Connect it back to the wall socket for now please as it's not fully moved over on our system. I'll reach out to the field manager for your area.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I've plugged my old style phone back in but even the old phone socket that's no connected is now totally dead aswell.

When will this be connected then ? Was told today was the day 

No point having to pay for a phone I can't even use if it's gonna be days ? If so will this be adjusted on my bill as I am not able to use either phone plugged in on wall or the one connected to the hub 

I've reached out to the field manager for you and will be in touch when I know more. Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Morning @CurlyA74

The conversion has gone through - the field team have confirmed this today. Please can you try connecting the phone line to the phone port on the router and let us know how you get on? Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team