cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Line Fault

greebo74
Joining in

I'm unable to make or receive calls on my phoneline. It's been switched to fibre and was fine, but is now not working. I am 89 and have a redcare pendant so I need to get this working asap. Can anyone help?

6 REPLIES 6

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @greebo74 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the phone line issue. Can you confirm, is the phone plugged in via adapter/directly, to telephone port one on the router?

John

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hello John, yes it is, the installation is exactly how the engineer left it.

Thanks for coming back to us. The hub has been up for thirty days. Can you unplug the router for me, leave it two minutes. Then replug it in? 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thankyou John, the reboot has done the trick. I just needed my daughter to do this as I am not mobile enough to get to the power switch. Will this be a constant thing to have to do? My concern is that as I have a pendant lifeline this new fibre line will in practice not be compatible with my needs. Can you advise please?

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @greebo74,

This should not be a common occurrence only if a fault occurs with the connection which is unlikely, if this does happen again do let us know here and we can have a check into your systems a bit further to see if there is something else causing this.

Joe

Thank you Joe