cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Line Change Over

Grandaughter84
Tuning in

Hello

I've received the following message on behalf my 91 year old Grandad.

Hi, on 15th September 2023 your home phone service will switch to our fibre network. Check the letter or email we sent you for more information.

Just curious, he has a phone and TV package... no internet and his TV is on the old TiVo box system. He has no wish for WiFi installation.

He's wondering how will this work for him?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Grandaughter84,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

We would need to install a hub in your grandads home at no extra cost to him to connect the phone line up to the fibre network but it will only be used for the phone line, he wouldn't need to add WiFi or broadband to his account/ package or have a working WiFi/broadband connection for the change to go ahead and the line to work. We have some more information about the changeover and what to expect, that can be found here

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Grandaughter84,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

We would need to install a hub in your grandads home at no extra cost to him to connect the phone line up to the fibre network but it will only be used for the phone line, he wouldn't need to add WiFi or broadband to his account/ package or have a working WiFi/broadband connection for the change to go ahead and the line to work. We have some more information about the changeover and what to expect, that can be found here

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thank you for your quick reply ☺️

Grandaughter84
Tuning in

I've advised him to keep an eye out for a letter from yourselves... I presume we'll have to arrange a technician to come out for the hub then.

Most of your information understandably contains information for people with broadband. Is there anything else I need to update my Grandad about regarding this?

You're very welcome Grandaughter84 and please let us know, if you have any further questions 👍

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

He's just mentioned that he's worried that his phone number may get changed.

It will remain the same won't it?

Thanks for coming back to us Grandaughter84, his number will remain the same, it will just be working via the hub with the same number. I would be able to raise the technician request, so that we know that it has been done for your piece of mind and take the pressure off your grandad waiting for the letter. Would you like me to do that?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

yes please, that'd be great 

Ok no problem Grandaughter84, but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Can I take the old phone socket away after the switch over? 
This change over is a pain as I will need to have my phone next to the router and it’s an already congested area with tv, VM box etc!!!!