Menu
KathG
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone Cable and Adaptor for Modem

Hi 

Moved to a new flat a few days ago. Brought all Virginmedia kit and did a self install. Virgin sent a parcel with new cables. 

Only realised the next day that there should have been a cable and adapter for the phone to plug into modem. Old address I still had the wall socket for phone. 
Spent over and hour on the phone yesterday trying to get the phone adapter sent out to me. I  selected the correct choice on the phone but ended up being pushed from one customer service person to another, on the last transfer  the connection was lost.
I was having to use my mobile to phone customer services as of course I have not been able to set up my home phone.

So please is there an easier way to order the part I need, I am not trying to take shortcuts but I am not well right now and nearly 70 years of age, and it is ridiculous not being able to get to the right person on the phone. Please don’t say use the chat app as that does not work.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Kath

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone Cable and Adaptor for Modem

This is all you need.

RJ11 to BT Socket adaptor 

You would probably get it far quicker by buying one than getting one sent out.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

KathG
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much. All ordered. So much easier than sitting on the phone for an hour and getting cut of again.
Cheers
Kath
0 Kudos
tuffpro
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thumbs down to VM telephone support

After waiting 20 mins on the phone, the agent told me that there was no adaptor needed, and nothing sent out in the setup package

Thank you for this question and answer

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear of the experience with the team Tuffpro.

Any handset should be able to fit into the landline socket unless this is a specific handset with an alternative, if so one may be needed from a third party.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos