Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone CALL CHARGES.

this you used too bug me when i had a virgin landline occasionally i got stung by the 60 min rule by £12 on one occasion 😮   so i switched too a voip line 18 months ago none of this hanging up business  and no line rental was also a big factor for me.

no specific call times are mentioned but it does say this in small print.

for a normal usage volume, and, in particular, not to use it to establish connections which are maintained without any interruption or virtually without any interruption

so if your on the phone for hours on end non stop and perhaps daily   , they could have something too say about it and terminate the service.

have virgin stopped doing the old fashioned phone installs btw 🤔  i watched a help video on the website it was saying plug your phone  directly into the hub 3. so that must be voip ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator

New customers get their landline via the hub. The industry is going that way as Openreach plans to shut down its PSTN by December 2025.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 13 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Kallor wrote:

have virgin stopped doing the old fashioned phone installs btw 🤔  i watched a help video on the website it was saying plug your phone  directly into the hub 3. so that must be voip ?

It is currently a hybrid hub driven PSTN system. The hub based service does not actually use the internet at all. The hub uses a dedicated downstream/upstream RF path to the local optical node cabinet specifically for phone traffic. All you are doing is cutting out the copper twisted pair that currently does the same job.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos