cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Adaptor

JR7
Joining in

Hi, I received a phone adaptor this morning - thanks.

I have connected the phone to port 1 on the router, left it for a few minutes and as the phone was dead rebooted the router but the phone is still dead. I logged in to the router and the hub's status shows "telephony ready" but the phone is not listed under  "connected devices" and is still not working.

Hopefully it just requires connecting at the VM end.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Jerry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Make quite sure your telephone is connected to the Port TEL 1  & not a yellow network socket.

Client62_0-1676115542926.pngClient62_0-1674721711847.png

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello JR7.

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear the switchover hasn't gone to plan.

Can you please unplug the Hub for a few minutes then power back up.

I did check the line from here and its showing as active.

If it's still an issue, please let me know and I can send you a private message to take a further look.

Gareth_L

Client62
Legend

Make quite sure your telephone is connected to the Port TEL 1  & not a yellow network socket.

Client62_0-1676115542926.pngClient62_0-1674721711847.png

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Connections to the TEL ports will not show on connected devices, as this service does not use the internet

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello again JR7.

We are still here if you need any more assistance or to let us know it's all working fine now.

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth, the phone is still dead. Earlier today I connected the phone to port 1 on the router using the adaptor which arrived today - thank you - and as the phone was dead I tried rebooting the router but phone still dead. Logged in to the router and the hub 5 status shows "telephony ready" , but the phone isn't listed under connected devices (if this is relevant) Hope you can help,

Regards, Jerry 

Hi there @JR7 👋 Thanks for coming back and letting us know you are still having issues.

We'll certainly be happy to take a look into this further for you. I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan, I have just rebooted the router again and this time I have a dialing tone, can make calls and receive calls but there is no ringer to notify there is an incoming call - so almost there.

Regards,

Jerry 

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with me via PM @JR7 I'm glad I have been able to assist you with this.

Just to be aware, someone over the age of 18 will need to be in the property during the engineer visit. If your circumstances change and you need the appointment amended, you can do so via the 'My Appointments' section of your online account here. If the appointment is missed there may be a £25 charge added to your bill.

Let us know how this goes, we'll be happy to help further if needed 😊

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules