Menu
ojeffery
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Phone Adapter

Hi,

I have just brought phones to plug into my Virgin Hub 3 (As per Virgins very unhelpful customer service instructions) Does anybody know what the exact adapter I need is? I would like to get it plugged up ASAP. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone Adapter

Good Morning ojeffery,

Thanks for your post and very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been left without the phone adaptors.

I've seeked to have an adaptor sent out to you via an engineer in your local area.

I'll seek to update you when I have any further information. If you're able to advise me when this arrives to you, via the thread, that would also be helpful

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
ojeffery
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

THANK YOU so much for the very quick response to this. I also had a very good chat with the person who dropped round the adapter and he was very helpful. 

As I had such a good response on here, I have 1 thing I wonder you could help with with:

We are having awful issues with the Wi-fi signal in our property-regularly cuts out, doesn't reach the top floor. We have a booster-Which we apparently have to pay for (I was told should be free for 3 months) but currently I don't believe  they are working properly. We used to have Sky and the coverage was much better ad Cheaper

The helpful person who dropped the adapter off said to organise a service visit and do a review we only moved here in September) Is this possible at all please? Currently we are paying an awful lot for something that frankly cuts out, and really is not very good at all and I would like an engineer to come and check everything and maybe review the connection and hub location. 

Can this be organised ASAP? 

Thank You

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me ojeffrey and I'm pleased to see we were able to get the adaptor out to your nice and quickly.

In regards to the Wi-Fi issue, it may be worth resetting the boosters and then reinstalling them to see if this can resolve the issue for you. Feel free to look into this guide for further assistance

Have you also attempted repositioning the boosters to see if this can improve the coverage?

You're welcome to click this link for hints and tips we have for improving Wi-Fi coverage in your home.

If you would like to have the hub relocated, this can be done, however would be a chargeable visit to the flat rate cost of £99.00

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
ojeffery
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Why would I be paying when your service is not working. The guy told me a service visit was free. I have done all the below. I will call directly.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We do offer service visits for free, however relocating equipment would be classed as a special request order and would incur the charge.

When our engineers install services for new customers, customers are issued a docket to sign which states that the customer is happy with the installation that has taken place. The engineer is not permitted to leave a property until this is signed.

Therefore this would make the charge valid for relocation of equipment 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
ojeffery
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

An engineer didint install it. I wasn't given that option. Was just sent to me.

I have heard virgin boxes are pretty awful for transmitting wi-fi and am experiencing this. I even have boosters which I was told I wouldn't pay for 3 months and your trying to charge me for those as well now. They do nothing and our rubbish. 

Just v disappointing all round I am afraid! 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ojeffery, 

I am so sorry to hear about this, and I can certainly look into what has happened for you and to see if we can get the hub moved as you were not physically installed. I will pop you over a PM keep an eye out for the purple envelope 🙂

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos