cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom landline calls

Marcia1
Joining in

I have noticed extra charges on my account in recent months for landline calls. Thing is I don’t have a phone connected to my landline and have not for years so calls are not being made by me or anyone in my house. Did not get anywhere with virgin media customer support.  Now just spotted latest bill has £154 in call charges. Can anyone advise. I will call virgin media again tomorrow but not optimistic about them being able to help. Close to cancelling all virgin media services as definitely not paying for calls I have not made 

3 REPLIES 3

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Marcia1 thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here surrounding the call charges.

Please expect a PM from me so I can look into this further for you.

Please respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks. Look forward to hearing from you 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Do you see any of the individual numbers being called (along with dates, times and call durations) in the 'usage charges' section of your bill?

Looking at the numbers being called, and the patterns of dialling activity, it is usually possible to demonstrate and prove they are phantom calls. For high value call charges, 09 premium rate numbers are often involved.