Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Permanently withhold number on my landline

hi ...i am disabled with a brain injury and desperately need help 
Permanently withhold number on my landline

i cannot use the 141 number option there are plenty of reasons why i
cannot use the 141 number so i need the Permanently withhold number
on my phone  ...please dont ask me why i cannot use 141 the reason is in the question
i have rung customer services and none of them can help me the Permanently withhold number please can someone help me with this matter

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone-withholding-my-number

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Permanently withhold number on my landline

Hi klunk_64,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you have had trying to get this added. 

What I will do is private message you to get some details so we can look to get this added for you. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
klunk_64
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

this service is still not working and now they have turned off my caller display service
so now all my calls say unknown...

i have been trying for the virgin media team to sort out my phone to with hold my number permanently this has been going on since september this year with no results as they advertise to do this service but it seems that ... not one of the virgin professional tech team know how to turn this service on all i get from them is dial 141 and i dont want to do that as i have a tbi which gives me short term memory loss so its basically impossible for me to do this anyway i had a phone call a week ago from virgin telling me they are still looking into how to turn this service on and in the mean time dial 141 but now after a week i was getting lots of unknown calls so i would not pick up the phone then one day the phone rings with unknown call and the answerphone came on and it was my father so what i have found out now is to stop the number going out virgin have turned off my free service Virgin Media Caller Display...and my landline number is still being show out to the world but now i cant see whos calling me ...can someone please sort this out how difficult can it be as you advertise for something you dont know how it works

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi klunk_64, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the landline service and want to get this resolved for you. I will send you a private message to get this looked into further for you. - Chris 

0 Kudos