Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Permanent Number Withheld

I have been trying for weeks to have this feature installed on my landline. I have been told that this feature cannot be installed on my phone but no reason given.  My phone is connected to my router(VOIP) and I have seen replies on this forum that it can be done. My question is can it be done or not and is it a free service?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Permanent Number Withheld

Hi Nobley,

Thanks for posting.

You certainly can do this, just dial 141 before the number you are calling and this will withold the number.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for your reply John but I would like my number withheld without having to use 141 before every call.  some posts say it can be done for £3 per months but I have repeatedly been told by agents that it can't be done.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello @nobley 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Just some further information to add to what John has said above. We are able to offer permanently withheld numbers. At this moment in time, I am waiting for a response from a member of the sales team so that I can be informed if there are any prices attached to this. 

further to this, If you are interested in any further information on any landline features that we offer please click here

As soon as I have an update for you ill reach out once again. 

Kind regards

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Brilliant news @nobley 

there is no additional charge to add this. If you would like me to do this for you then I would be more than happy to.  Just get back in touch so that i can drop you a PM for your account details. 

Thanks 

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks ZAK M

If you can do this for me I would be very pleased.  Only this morning an agent told me that this could not be done.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No problem, Ill pop you the PM so that we can confirm your account details and then we can go from there. 

Thanks 

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello again Zak

Had a phone call from India on Thursday morning.  The agent suggested that I was not using

the correct number for this and should dial 141 before each call.  After some discussion he realised what I wanted

but said he could not add this but someone else could and I would be called back in 24 hours.

The return call hasn't happened and looks like we are back to square one.

Kind Regards   Andrew Noble

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello ZAK

Had a phone call from India last Tuesday with the same initial answer.  DIAL 141 before each call.

Convinced the agent that this is not what I want.. Put me on hold and confirmed this feature was free of charge.

Agent said that if he could add this feature he would ring back in ten minutes but if he had to get someone

else to do it I would be contacted in 2 or 3 days.  This has not happened.

You have been a great help ZAK but the service from Virgin's Indian call centres is appalling and I dread to 

think what I would have to go through if I had a serious problem.

Thank goodness for the forum but I will not be a long time user of Virgin products.

It has been 3 weeks since I posted this on the forum.

Thanks again ZAK

Regards Andrew Noble

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us with an update on the current situation, I can see on your account that the team have raised an issue with our IT team under reference F007828192 because they are unable to add the feature to your account correctly. This is still with the team at the moment but I hope that this can be resolved soon for you Andrew.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos