Menu
mip
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pay as you go sim

Hi my father has pay as you go account with Virginmedia.  He received text 2 weeks ago saying sim expired and to replace with new sim Which has sent in post.  He has not received a new sim so Mobile is now unusable and has £25 approx credit which he appears to have lost.  At 84 yrs old he needs his mobile and can I’ll afford to lose money.  Help please 

0 Kudos
JohnLowrie
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pay as you go sim

Thanks for posting that. I hope you will get a better answer than I did from Virgin - its Twitter help fobbed me off.

We are in the same situation as your Father. We received an unsolicited letter and new Sim giving the impression that we had asked for it. We hadn't. Now we are being harassed by text to use the new one without Virgin answering if there are any changes. We suspect the new Sim will be cancelled after a period of no use, for example when we go abroad for 3 months. The present one is fine if it stays in credit.

I fail to see why they have the ability to impose a new Sim on customers when the old one works fine.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi JohnLowrie, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the sim and if the sim is not activated within 30 days the new sim will be deactivated. We are giving new sims to our customers as we are migrating the network and the old sims will no longer work - Chris 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi mip

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. My apologies for the SIM issue.

I'll PM you now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
JohnLowrie
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can you give an assurance that the new Sim will work in exactly the same way - no extra charges and most importantly no automatic deactivation if not used, as I describe, when out the country? Thank you,

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There will be no extra charges you will use your tariff the same, it will allow for advances like 5G etc ^Chris 

0 Kudos