Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

PPI, Insurance, Car Crash . . . . . .

So my home phone number after having it for 9 years is still to this day getting calls all about the standard scam of PPI, Car crashes or insurance claims.

Im coming home from work and having 3/4 messages on the answer machine where it rings and says "The other person has cleared" I have been off work this week and when answering the phone its a robot telling me about a crash or some sort of scam.

Now when answering the phone and actually speaking to a human most of them are from overseas and not based in the UK and some are very hard to hear or understand and the others are as bold as brass.

My house number is registered with the TPS and has been since we got virgin in 2010/11 but yet these calls still come though.

We have now number identification so when we get a call the number comes up on the display , Is it worth taking a note of these numbers and giving them to virgin as they dont seem to do anything regarding the amount of scam calls virgin customers get and I would have thought after having this number for so long these would have stopped.

Can anyone help or shed some light on the issue ? ? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PPI, Insurance, Car Crash . . . . . .

TPS is useless as they cant stop calls coming from overseas, no point telling virgin as the company will just change the number.

Only was to resolve it is to buy a phone system like BT call guardian or to change your number
I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PPI, Insurance, Car Crash . . . . . .

Yep we had them scam calls in past years,
One start as "We heard you was in a car crash.

So far this year we had
1 x Internet be cut off in 24 scam & 4 x Amazon & you prime membership coming to the end
0 Kudos