Menu
Johninboro
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

POTS to DOCSIS phone switfh

I'm in a cabled area, I have telco, catv and BB super hub  3.  I want my POTS telco switching from POTS to DOCSIS. 

I've spent an hour on the phone to technical support, customer services and faults but can't get anywhere.

I know its it's possible,  but need to know how to get it done.

Thanks 

Postcode area TS10 Redcar 

Feel free to click on the thumbs up thingy and kudos thing. It really helps me to feel important and boosts my ego.
Seriously though, I'm happy to help.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: POTS to DOCSIS phone switfh

you can't just request this. Its only being done for new installs and planned rollout
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

And you are under a misapprehension as to what the change involves. The phone signal is carried by a separate RF carrier alongside the broadband feed to the cabinet. The change just changes the connection by eliminating the twisted pair. It is not a DOCSIS connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Johninboro
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

According to the recent tech visit he told me to ring customer services and they would do it over the phone.

Feel free to click on the thumbs up thingy and kudos thing. It really helps me to feel important and boosts my ego.
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for the information.

If there's a fault on the line the engineer can do this when they fix the issues at hand, if there's no fault at hand then this may be a chargeable visit. 

Thanks, Emily.

Johninboro
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tech came today, called customer service who got me to answer some security questions, they then migrated my line over.  It took 5 minutes to do.

Total waste of the techs time visiting when I could have done this myself over the phone.

In future I suggest ANY telco faults be sent out an adaptor for the router and migrate the line over.  This will save sending out a tech. 

Virgin Media needs to up their game with their level of customer care in some of their contact centres.  You could also follow Sky,'s example and have a dedicated vulnerable customer care line open 24/7 staffed by a dedicated care team.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johninboro,

I'm happy to hear that you were able to migrate over to DOCSIS technology - as Emily advised, this isn't usually something our helpline team would be able to do over the phone but I'm glad that it got sorted for you in the end. 

If there's anything else we can do for you just let us know.

Hope you have a great weekend 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos