Menu
jp004a7672
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

PHONE NOT WORKING

HI,

I need help please, we had a major power cut on monday and the power was out for 6 hours, once it cam back on, it took another 2 hours for the internet and tv to come back on, however my phone line did not come back, when I pick it up there is no phone line, and when you call the line you get the engaged tone.

I have done all the usual things and it is still not working.

Could you please check this for me

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: PHONE NOT WORKING

Hi there @jp004a7672

Welcome back to our Co9mmunity - sorry to understand that  you've had some issues with your landline since having a power cut. I have located your account from here to take a closer look at your line and can see that you have our standard landline service via a wall socket. 

There are currently no known area issues showing at the time of checking - you advise you have done all the usual things; can you advise what they are? 

Have you tried a new handset at all to see if that helps? Please do try a non-cordless handset if you can. 

Also, if you are getting an engaged tone when you dial your number, this can sometimes suggest the line is blocked and this can occasionally be resolved without a technician visit. Please unplug all handsets in any and all sockets in your home for at least 20/30 minutes. This should force the line to unblock. Then place one corded handset into the main master socket and see if you now have a dial tone.

Keep us posted and we can refresh and check again this end

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jp004a7672
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly, I am up and running now, I had spoke earlier to one of your very nice engineeres who was working in the street on the telephone box and he siad it was the power cut we had had, and once he had sorted out the connectors in the box I would probably be okay, so thank you 

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant, thanks for taking the time to get back to us to let us know this has all been resolved jp004a7672.

If you need us again in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us, we'll be happy to help.

Rob

0 Kudos