Menu
mcbrock
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Overhead line fix

Hi 

I have an overhead line lying on my neighbour's garden that has been pulled down from the phone pole and my house but is still attached to the pole and the house.

Openreach say to contact our service provider to get this fixed as they don't repair them. 

Can you please advise how to get this repaired and who I speak to? It is a safety hazard.

Thanks

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overhead line fix

Virgin Media don't use those wires. They have their own underground cables.

I'm not sure what happens for an Openreach repair if there is no active service on it, but they would be the ones to advise of what to do next.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well the service provider isn't VM. VM do not use overhead lines. Your phone service cannot be from VM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You only call your provider if you are using that infrastructure for their service. If a VM cabinet is open it’s no use calling BT, just as it’s no use calling VM for a BT line that has become detached.

Call the BT Openreach infrastructure hotline 0800 023 2023. They can sort it whether you are a customer or not.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks