cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharging

krispix
Joining in

I've just received my first bill.

Despite having free weekend calls I have been charged for 3 calls on a Saturday and Sunday.  The Helpdesk say this is because Mobile numbers are excluded from this agreement.  This was not made clear when I set the deal up and I cannot find any such reference in the T&C that was sent.

15 REPLIES 15

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @krispix,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you have been overcharged and apologies for any confusion caused.

Talk Weekends offer unlimited weekend calls to UK landline (01, 02, 03) numbers, Virgin Mobiles and 0870 numbers. 

Further, Talk Weekends calls to Virgin Mobile number are free for the first 60 minutes at the weekend so we advise to re-dial to avoid call charges. Did any of your calls last more than 60 minutes?  

We have some more info here on landline call costs that you may find useful. 

Kind Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha,

Call 1  Saturday 28 May  Duration 1 minute
Call 2  Saturday 4 June   Duration 15 minutes
Call 3  Sunday 12 June   Duration 6 minutes

Thanks for confirming that @krispix

Can you confirm if the numbers you called where to Virgin Mobile as the plan does not cover calls to non virgin numbers.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

No idea.  But, whether they are or they aren't the point is that this wasn't made clear when the deal was set up and I cannot find it in the T&C's.  On that basis the sums should be refunded. 

Hi @krispix,

If the calls you made were to non Virgin numbers, the charges would be valid. 

You can find reference to this here 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi Ayisha,
You keep dodging around the central issue.
What you say might be correct, but the point is that it wasn't pointed out when the deal was done and I can't find it in the T&C that you subsequently sent. I was therefore operating in the belief that the calls were free because I had no reason to believe otherwise, that means this is a retrospective condition which I can accept or reject. If I reject it you have the option of leaving things as they are (Free weekend calls) or renegotiating the agreement.

Hi @krispix,

We detail explicitly in our call costs what is/isn't included in each of the call packages along with the charges you'd be subject to if your usage isn't inclusive. Subsequently, if your usage isn't included in your package then you'd be responsible for the charges which would be valid. We wouldn't refund/credit back valid charges.

If you wish to make a package adjustment off the back of this then please contact the retentions department on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline) who can discuss offers and options with you. I'm afraid we're unable to perform package changes here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

Like Ayisha you're dodging the issue and frankly, your reply is meaningless.  I'm not asking you to change my package, just provide what I signed up to.

If you want to resolve this there are two options: kindly point me to the part in your T&C which specifies that non-Virgin mobiles are not included.  Or, arrange for the necessary refund.

I'm going away for a few days so that will give you time to sort this out.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply krispix.

We are very sorry that you feel our team are avoiding the issue, I can assure you this is not the case. My colleagues have provided you with links to information regarding our landline tariffs and the costs associated with using them. This information is made available to everybody prior to and when joining us. 

Terms and conditions for our landline service can be found in section C here. Reference to charges can be found in sub section 6.

Please do let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you, 

Nat