Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Outside line cable damaged

I was hoeing my garden and must have hit cable.  Only realised damage when family called my mobile. 

I didn't realise the cable was so close to surface and their is only a small  part covered by a tube. 

I can't get through to vm and I have no home phone.  Can I email and if so how? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outside line cable damaged

VM do not provide support via email.  If you go to the Service Status page (click HERE) and run a test on your phone line you might get an option to book an engineer visit.

If you can't get through on the phone then VM are recommending you send a text to 07533 051809 describing the issue and you should get a response, but it may take a day or two at present. This is a text only service, it does not support voice calls.

There are also a number of VM field technicians helping out on these boards while the regular forum staff are busy helping elsewhere, so they may be able to pick this up tomorrow and help you book a visit.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I tried the online help but says they can't find a fault.  I've check the cable and it's definitely damaged

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Dunlopillow wrote:

I tried the online help but says they can't find a fault.  I've check the cable and it's definitely damaged

Last time I had a phone issue (phone didn't ring for incoming calls) the online test didn't find a fault, but it still gave me the option to book a visit.  Maybe that has changed, it was a while ago.

All I can suggest is keep trying to call, send a text to the number in my last post or wait for help from the forum team.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dunlopillow, welcome to our Community Forum and sorry to hear you "won the fight" against the cable! I'm going to send you a Private Message so I can take a look at your account and see if we can get a tech out to repair it. Please reply back to it :).

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

0 Kudos