cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside Installation

FUWVM01
On our wavelength

I’m trying to get BB and backup landline. Ordered middle of May. Installation date agreed 2 June. New date given 22 June. Outside installation still not done. Everyday it comes on as appointment scheduled between 8am and 6pm with only change of date. 
I’m without internet and landline from 2 June as the previous provider discontinued from 2 June. 
Has anyone had similar issues and how would I get my service? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

FUWVM01
On our wavelength
Ordered in mid May. My installation was first scheduled for 5 June. No work done on 5 June 2022. Then it’s scheduled for second time on 22 June. Not done. It’s now scheduled for 7 July with pre installation on 5 July. Today is 6 July. Without pre installation it’s very unlikely to get completed on 7 July.

We have been without internet and landline from 2 June 2022. It’s 6 July today. 

I think VM has lost control of their program. They have lost control of their field installation contractors. 
I have contacted VM many times and many of their teams. Spoken hours on phone to tens of people. Nothing happened. 
Wanted a senior manager to look into it and called me to discuss. Nothing has happened so far. No one from VM has contacted me. I have made three complaints earlier. Two of these have been removed from the VM website on my page. No one from complaints team has contacted me as stated in the level of service. 
I have requested someone from VM please look into this urgently and make sure that connection given on 7 July. Both me and my wife have online programs that needs online access. Our health is also suffering because of this. I have already brought this aspect of our suffering  to VM notice before without little or no action by VM. Very poor customer service and poor service to customers indeed. 

If anyone has had similar experiences would they please let me know how it was successfully resolved.

If anyone in VM sees the this post would they arrange to contact me to resolve this without affecting more problems. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

38 REPLIES 38

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi FUWVM01,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear there have been some delays with your installation. 

I've not been able to find any details for you, so I can help I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

FUWVM01
On our wavelength

There’s no purpose in visiting to find any redress. 
It’s waste of time. 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello FUWVM01,

Sorry to hear your installation has been delayed due to cabling work that needs completing outside the property.
Indeed, this needs to be done first so we can get the line through to your house.

However, I am happy to help you with this if we can have a look into the account for you.
I will send you a PM now.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

FUWVM01
On our wavelength

it’s said on my appointments daily  from 2 June till today that appointment has been made between 8am and 6pm. But nothing has been installed. There’s is no point waiting them to install outside work that they said they would do everyday from 2 June till today, but failed to accomplish. 

FUWVM01
On our wavelength
Ordered in mid May. My installation was first scheduled for 5 June. No work done on 5 June 2022. Then it’s scheduled for second time on 22 June. Not done. It’s now scheduled for 7 July with pre installation on 5 July. Today is 6 July. Without pre installation it’s very unlikely to get completed on 7 July.

We have been without internet and landline from 2 June 2022. It’s 6 July today. 

I think VM has lost control of their program. They have lost control of their field installation contractors. 
I have contacted VM many times and many of their teams. Spoken hours on phone to tens of people. Nothing happened. 
Wanted a senior manager to look into it and called me to discuss. Nothing has happened so far. No one from VM has contacted me. I have made three complaints earlier. Two of these have been removed from the VM website on my page. No one from complaints team has contacted me as stated in the level of service. 
I have requested someone from VM please look into this urgently and make sure that connection given on 7 July. Both me and my wife have online programs that needs online access. Our health is also suffering because of this. I have already brought this aspect of our suffering  to VM notice before without little or no action by VM. Very poor customer service and poor service to customers indeed. 

If anyone has had similar experiences would they please let me know how it was successfully resolved.

If anyone in VM sees the this post would they arrange to contact me to resolve this without affecting more problems. 

Hi FUWVM01,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, I can see you are already in a chat with one of my colleagues, please keep the conversation there and they will do all they can and make sure this is looked into fully for you.

Regards

Paul.

FUWVM01
On our wavelength

Hi Paul 

yes, I’ve been in contact. But they are helpless I think. They just see what’s electronically on the system, as say this is going to happen. This has been the situation from 2 June. 
They (and may be even you have no way of finding out what field teams are doing. Any thoughts?

Thanks and regards. 

Please let my colleague deal with this and they will reach out to the area managers for further information.

Regards

Paul.

FUWVM01
On our wavelength

Oh! Would they or could they? I don’t think this has happened so far. If that’s happened then the system as a whole is not functioning as this should have resolved by now. Apologies for being sound negative. But that my experience so far with VM. Let’s hope it happens today and tomorrow. I’ll keep you posted. Thanks.