Menu
Tinahuk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Our phone line is dead but callers get an answer message. Where are those messages stored?

Our phone line is dead but callers get a voice mail message to leave a message. How do I retrieve the messages? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Our phone line is dead but callers get an answer message. Where are those messages stored?

Hi Tinahuk,

Thank you for getting in touch regarding your landline, I'm sorry that you've been experiencing service issues.

If your landline isn't working at all, it's unlikely that you would be able to retrieve these messages until the problem is resolved. Normally, you would hear a broken dial tone to indicate that you have messages waiting and can then dial 1571 from your landline to listen to these.

If you pay for our Voicemail Plus service, you should be able to remotely access any messages from another phone. You can find more information on both our free Voicemail service and Voicemail plus on our site.

It looks like you've already got an appointment booked in for an engineer to take a look at resolving any faults. Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Our phone line is dead but callers get an answer message. Where are those messages stored?

Hi Tinahuk,

It looks like you've reached out to us again on Facebook to advise of ongoing issues but haven't responded here. We're not able to access your account via open social media platforms as we have no way of securely clearing data protection. If you're still having trouble with your landline and would like some help, please comment here and we'll do all we can to resolve this for you.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Tinahuk
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachel

yes our our phone still does not have a dial tone. I have rebooked an engineer as all other lines of communications have failed. Virgin Media’s service test is always no fault. And it is now nearly two weeks with a phone line but lckily we each have a mobile and the internet service is fine. 

tina

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tina,

Thank you for letting me know. I can see that you do have another engineer visit booked in, although notes from the first visit advise that the fault was fixed following various actions by our technician.

Please let us know how this next visit goes, especially if you're still having issues with the service as we can run further checks for you and escalate the problem if necessary.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Tinahuk
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Rachel will let you lnow how it goes. I did get an email saying it was fixed and it may test fixed from your side but we still have a dead line which is taking voice messages. Our friends are threatening to report us to Covid marshalls fro leaving Tier 3 for a holiday. 😜

TV ins

0 Kudos
Tinahuk
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachel

happy to report that Rob 62969 sorted our phone and it is now workings.  

To claim compensation for the extended period with phone service do I have to apply? 

thanks

Tina

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tina,

Thanks for coming back to us glad to hear the issue is resolved, any compensation for total loss of service over 48 hours will be added automatically via Ofcom's auto compensation scheme.  .

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos