Menu
Campus007
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Our Virgin line plugs into a bt box but for a week now we’ve had no home phone connection.

Our virgin Phone line plugs into a standard bt box and has not been producing a signal to our home phone for a week, our virgin broadband is ok...

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Our Virgin line plugs into a bt box but for a week now we’ve had no home phone connection.

Thank you for the post Campus007 and welcome to our community.

We would not send our services through any BT lines as we're not liable for the equipment. 

When you mention the BT box is this your landline phone? If not, could you please locate your Virgin Media socket and plug your set up into here and let us know if your services come through.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Our Virgin line plugs into a bt box but for a week now we’ve had no home phone connection.

@Campus007 wrote:

Our virgin Phone line plugs into a standard bt box and has not been producing a signal to our home phone for a week, our virgin broadband is ok...

Are you an existing customer that has had their Virgin phone line working through this socket until now?

It IS possible that 1) a VM tech has used an existing BT socket, even though this is not strictly allowed. 2) The OP is in flats or apartments with a central cabinet that can be used either for BT or VM services to the individual addresses.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Campus007
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes it has been plugged into an existing BT box in our hallway since I got Virgin Media but has now stopped working????

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Is there any dial tone at all?

Have you been able to test another handset to make sure it's not that?

Let us know.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
Campus007
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily. I do apologise, the box I referred to is in fact a Virgin box not a bt one. However, unplugging and re plugging has not cured the problem. On the Virgin app when I run a test for errors on the network it comes back negative. It can only be the phone I guess so I’ll have to find another to test it. Cheers

Steve West

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Campus007

Thanks for explaining whats happened 

As you have already ran a test and checked a few things

I have booked for an engineer to come out for the next available appointment 

You can check and reschedule this appointment by your online account 

Can you please let us know how the visit goes 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos