cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order new hub & adapter

pm71
Dialled in

I've received a couple of emails and a text about the switchover (27th June). All of them tell me to Call 150 to arrange delivery for my new Hub, however when I dial this number I get the main menu with 4 options none of which mention the switchover. I am unsure which option to choose to talk to the right person to sort this out.
I do not require an engineer as I only have 1 landline phone which can be easily situated near the hub.

7 REPLIES 7

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @pm71 👋

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I will be more than happy to help further. 

Will pop you a PM now to confirm some details.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

pm71
Dialled in

Thank you.

I have replied to private message

pm71
Dialled in

Any update ?

Hey @pm71 

I've just responded 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @pm71
 I've booked a technician for you as discussed. You can find confirmation of the visit via your 👉 online account.

Let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

pm71
Dialled in

Sorry for the delay in replying, had an issue with phone.

Migration went well; tech phoned asking if he could arrive early which was fine. Swapped SH2 for SH3 then relocated the phone to near the hub. He stayed to check the hub powered up properly and everything was working, took less than half an hour.

Since then everything is working as expected however the phone does not ring. Turns out my phone is too old (20+ years old BT Converse 180), so bought a new one off amazon which works perfectly.

This has raised an interesting question, why does VM not supply an adapter with a 'ringing capacitor'. They exist, you can buy them online and I can't be the only customer with this issue.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi pm71. thank you for all the posts and updates.

We're delighted to see it all went well with our engineer visit for the landline switchover and everything is working fine for you again.

Sorry to hear the old handset was not compatible though, it's good to know that's now sorted too.

Regarding your query about the adaptor, we only have one adaptor type that we currently provide our customers with who are switching.

Happy to pass your feedback on this across to the relevant team for future reference as we always look for better ways to support you.

Please, let us know if you have more questions or need more help and we're eager to help out.

Adri
Forum Team