Menu
dptodd1949
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Only receiving some calls

Good morning.

i am looking for some help please.

Around a week ago we had an outage in my area no broadband tv or phone for a few hours but since then the broadband tv is working fine but the landline is only partially working we have a dial tone we can ring other landline phone even mobiles.

other networks that isnt virgin mobile can ring the landline fine also but anyone that tries ringing our landline from a virgin mobile it doesnt even ring it just cuts off and this issue has been since the outage from a week ago.

have tried other mobile networks to ring the landline and work phone i.e giffgaff 02 and ee the only one who cant seem to get through is virgin mobile and i have tried 3 different virgin mobiles and it is the same issue.

also the landline plugs into the wall not into a hub.

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Only receiving some calls

Hi Dptodd1949, 

Really sorry that you've been having an issue with some calls getting through since an area issue, this isn't good. 

So from your post it seems that only Virgin Mobile numbers cannot call your landline. 

Are the mobiles having issues calling anybody else at all? 

Are the mobiles all in your house or from different areas? 

Just so we can rule out an issue with the mobile side of things instead of the landline. 

Let us know. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
dptodd1949
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply 

2 out of the 3 virgin mobiles are in this house and the other one is my sister in law who is also having the same issue as me when i last spoke to her.

the virgin mobiles are able to call other networks tho like giffgaff and vodafone and such it also works virgin mobile to virgin mobile fine but as soon as i try to ring the virgin landline it wont have it and just cuts off and the landline also doesnt even ring once before it cuts off 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. 

Can you please try the landline again from a Virgin Mobile number? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
dptodd1949
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the late reply

it is still the same virgin mobiles are unable to reach my virgin landline.

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @dptodd1949 

Thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear that things are still the same with the landline. We are looking in to this and will be back in touch with you ASAP. 

Have a great weekend and stay safe 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos