Menu
Dorrington
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Online teacher Desperately seeking help!!

Hi, I am currently teaching from home everyday and both my children are learning from home, all online - as well as my husband working from home.  We have M200 broadband and a VM booster.  I have had lessons interrupted with wifi dropping out this week and have tried to speak to an actual human being to get an engineer out but it would appear these no longer exist.  I have done a speed test and my download speed is 11.5Mps and my upload is 0.72Mps - this is totally unacceptable.  Please please please please please please please please can somebody help before I take drastic action!!

0 Kudos
sophist
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Online teacher Desperately seeking help!!

You’ll get more help in the network and WiFi forum.

you need to test how the connection performs when using an Ethernet cable to connect your computer directly to the hub, rather than relying on WiFi or using any sort of booster. 

if you get good performance when using a cable then in order to improve the situation you’ll likely have to invest in a better router or mesh system for better WiFi performance 

0 Kudos
Dorrington
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Dorrington
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have done this and the download speed is now 201.8Mbps but the upload speed is still only 7.82Mbps which is think is too low for online zoom teaching.  Any further suggestions please?

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Dorrington 

I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing some issues with your upload speeds. 

I can see that you managed to speak with a member of the team on the 6th and have booked an engineer appointment. 

Please do let us know if we are able to assist you further. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos