Menu
Wallynotone
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ongoing fault with phone

Hi there. My parents had a problem with their phone (same problem both times), and an engineer was arranged for them on here both times. 11th and 20th March. 

See thread here  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Need-an-engineer/m-p/4217938#M132808  (Engineer out next day both times thank you).

The thing is, the second engineer that came out on the 20th went to the local box to take a look and came back to tell my dad that it was an on-going fault that wouldn't be fixed that day but soon.  He said there would be no need to come back to the house to do so. Well since then we have heard nothing and they still have no incoming ringtone. Occasionally it makes a quick one off beepy type noise and other times just silence so have no way to know if there is an incoming call.

Would someone here find out for me when this on-going fault is due to be fixed?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Retro-Tech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ongoing fault with phone

Hi,

Have you managed to resolve this yet? If not I might be able to help - but may require account and area reference details If you still have an issue send me a private message.

I will need to test your services remotely.

To PM me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any personal info in this thread as it's public.

Please hit the Kudos thumb to say thanks and mark answer as Helpful if the reply has helped at all

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Wallynotone
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, since the last engineer came out 3 weeks ago this ongoing fault has still not been fixed. We've been told this is a problem not with our connection but the local "box". Still  no word when this is going to be fixed. Been really really patient over this but sigh. Please won't someone at least just tell us WHEN it is going to be fixed? My parents are missing all their calls. One very important one today which caused a lot of hassle.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, Wallynotone, 

Thanks for your post I am sorry this was not resolved at the engineer visit? What did the engineer advise? Have you been in touch within the 3 weeks apart from this post to let us know it hasn't been working?

Thanks

Zoei

0 Kudos
Wallynotone
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoie. This is the forth time I've posted on the forum to let Virgin know. Folks were told by the engineer that it would be sorted "soon" (last two visits) and there would be no need for them to return to the house to sort it. What soon means is open to interpretation so we left it as didn't think it would do any good to get an engineer out again if they already knew about the problem and working on it. We have had 3 engineers out already. No I haven't been in touch since the last visit by the engineer roughly 3 weeks ago.

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wallynotone, 

I am very sorry to hear the issue is still ongoing. 

I'll need to take a look at the account in order to run some checks and review the actions taken so far. 

I will pop you over a private message now and this will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Speak soon, 

Nat
0 Kudos