Menu
Fredsmum
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ongoing fault with Virgin landline phone - constantly engaged

My Virgin landline phone is not working, cannot ring in or out. The line is constantly 'engaged' or 'busy' even though no-one is using the phone. I have been through all the usual help advice but the fault continues. Contacting any virgin helpline is impossible. I have a landline because of poor mobile phone signals in my area and cannot wait for more than 15 minutes for my call to be answered when using a mobile to attempt to contact Virgin helplines. I do not know what to do next.

0 Kudos
Cardiffian
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ongoing fault with Virgin landline phone - constantly engaged

I have the same issue and am having the same problem with getting assistance by phoning Virgin Media - talk about going round in circles!

Where to go from here?

0 Kudos
Fredsmum
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I can't even raise a complaint let alone report the fault - the website keeps sending me in circles. Due to covid, there is no one answering any calls and the alleged helpline on 0345 454 1111 keeps cutting off without putting me through to an advisor. I don't know if your problem has been going on for some time, but, this particular fault has occurred three times in one month and I'm getting really fed up. Joining the community was a last ditch effort at trying to resolve the issue or, get noticed by Virgin!

0 Kudos
Cardiffian
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I've not been able to speak with an advisor.

As a new member I've had a Welcome message from the ModTeam who tell me they have Forum Team members who can handle any faults. As I've posted a question they "will be working hard to get you an answer".

I look forward to their response. Ideally I would like them to arrange for an Engineer to visit.

0 Kudos
Fredsmum
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying. I had a welcome message but haven't heard anything about the fault I posted about. I hope that you get your problem solved, sooner rather than later. The fault on my phone is still ongoing.

0 Kudos
Antman54
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

same problem.

an engineer came out and told me that the cable outside is damaged (water getting in) and that it needs replacing.

however this morning i get an email saying the problem is fixed. - it isn't - i have no phone.

cannot get through to 1111 customer support number, it just cuts off.

unbelievably poor levels of support.

have you booked an engineer online? i plan to keep doing that until they sort it.

0 Kudos
Fredsmum
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I haven't been able to book an engineer online, impossible! The page doesn't go any further than confirming that there is nothing wrong with the line and to progress it, I should ring the 3101 number.

I've been hanging on the mobile for an advisor for 14 minutes on the 0333 000 3101 number and the call has just been ended!!

When I phoned the 0345 454 1111 number, it keeps cutting me off after allegedly checking the line.

Also, my original post says 'solved' which it obviously isn't, I simply had a response from a similarly frustrated poster with the same issue.

I can't believe that there is anything wrong with the equipment I am using, it is good quality, relatively new phone. My only consolation is that Virgin is awash with dissatisfied customers who are getting a rubbish service for their money. At least you know that you can book an engineer - I can't even get to that stage. Good luck with your problem, and thanks for replying.

0 Kudos
Fredsmum
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I've just been back to the help page for service issues and lo and behold, there is a message saying that Virgin are aware of a fault in this area with phones (and, incidentally, there is also an issue with TV lack of service) so I've been able to register the loss of service for the phone.

From your experience, I'm not putting out the bunting yet but, at least the fault has been noted. 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Fredsmum,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having. 

I have taken a look on our side and can confirm there is a reported fault. 

The current estimated fix date: 22/01/2021 19:50:00pm

^Martin

0 Kudos
Fredsmum
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for replying Martin. Yes, I saw the service status update earlier, and although I didn't manage to report the fault, I believe that a close neighbour had similar issues and was able to report it. I've asked for service updates (issues currently affecting tv and phone) so, fingers crossed!

0 Kudos