cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On holiday when I'm meant to plug the landline adapter in

Paul_I
Superfast

Your email states:

On 20th September 2023, your home phone service will be switched to our fibre network.

I'm on holiday on the 20th - so can I plug it in before I go away, or do it the day I get back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Paul 👋

That's correct. The adapter can be plugged in at any point up until, or after your switchover. You'll find that the Landline will only work when plugged into the wall socket until 20th September, so if you're on holiday before that, you can always swap over the Landline just before you leave (as you won't have any service on the Landline when plugged into the Hub before the switchover) and your service will be changed over by the time you get back.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Paul_I,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post! We're happy to help with this! 😊 

If you've received your landline adaptor, you're more than welcome to plug your landline into your Hub early. If you've not received your adaptor yet, we can arrange to send this to you, or arrange for a technician appointment to help complete the switchover before you go away. 😊 

Let us know what you'd like to arrange and we'll be more than happy to assist.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paul_I
Superfast

So i can put the new adaptor plug in this weekend?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Paul 👋

That's correct. The adapter can be plugged in at any point up until, or after your switchover. You'll find that the Landline will only work when plugged into the wall socket until 20th September, so if you're on holiday before that, you can always swap over the Landline just before you leave (as you won't have any service on the Landline when plugged into the Hub before the switchover) and your service will be changed over by the time you get back.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ