Menu
Davidh1955
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Old tel number

How am I able to tell if Virgin had requested old provider to keep my old home telephone number.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old tel number

Hi there @Davidh1955

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post. I am sorry but I was a bit confused by your question so I'll do my best to cover our number port process. 

We will only request to take a number from another provider after being request by the customer. This can either be done at the point of sale or once you have been installed. We can only request a number from your old provider if that number remains active. It cannot have been disconnected or have a future disconnection request logged against it as it will be rejected. 

If you are wanting to take your number  to another provider, you will need to request this with your new provider and then they will contact us on your behalf. Again, in order to send a number to another provider, it must remain active at our end and not have any disconnection requests in process or it will be rejected. 

Please do pop back if you have any further questions and we'll do our best to advise you. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos