Menu
evaporator
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Old people with no computer

I work in a independent living social housing scheme. Most residents are very old and not computer savvy. If their phone stops working they come to me for help. How are they supposed to report a problem 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old people with no computer

So to confirm, you've got a resident who's with Virgin Media and their landline doesn't work?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
evaporator
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That was the case yes. It’s not the first time this has happened and it’s an absolutel nightmare for people who are not computer able and have no mobile phone. These are over 55 independent retirement schemes so there is nobody on site to deal with these issues. A phone number to phone a help line for old people is needed. They have the phones back on now but took 2 days and these people are vulnerable. I’m sure BT have a better system of reporting these issues 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear of the issues that your resident has been having with their landline @evaporator

I'm glad that this has now been resolved for you and I will be sure to pass on the feedback to the team about the line for older customers. 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos