Menu
dharrar
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Old number not porting

I signed up to virgin media about a week or so ago now, and requested on the website when I bought my package to keep my old landline number. After i received my package and set everything up, turns out I had a new landline number and didn’t keep my old one. I rang virgin and they said that I didn’t even request to keep my old number, and that they couldn’t do anything to port the old number if i had already cancelled my contract with my old provider. He then said he’d pass me onto the “customer support team”, which never happened, and the agent put down the phone on me.

I really need to keep my old phone number, and would appreciate help in dealing with this. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old number not porting

Thank you for your post Dharrar and welcome to our community.

If your previous providers line has been cancelled we wouldn't be able to port this number over as it is only possible to port a number over from an active line.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
dharrar
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Although my old contract has been cancelled, the line is still active for the next two weeks. I can ring to and from my old landline completely fine. Isn’t it still possible?

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If the line is still active with your old provider we may still be able to request the port, could you contact the team over the phone on 150/0345 454 1111 or text 0753 305 1809 to request this? 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
dharrar
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Contacted both the texting and calling services you have provided multiple times over the last week to no avail. Every time i’ve called i’ve been told that i’ve “called the wrong department”, and have had the phone literally put down on me. I need help porting this number asap, I have had the same number for the last 20 years and I really need to keep it

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this, I'll pop you over a private message to try do this myself for you.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos