Menu
thebrightstreet
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Old Landline number still not ported

Hello, we recently changed from PostOffice to Virgin media, and had asked for our old landline number to be ported. The Virgin broadband is running fine but we have a new landline number. Our old services with post office has been cancelled and the old number doesn’t work anymore. Does this just take time or have Virgin messed up? What do we do now?!

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old Landline number still not ported

Hi thebrightstreet, thanks for getting in touch - apologies for the delayed response.

I'm also sorry to hear that you've had some problems with the port-in of your old number. Just to confirm - did you make the teams aware of your request to keep the old number when signing up?

It's my understanding that the number needs to remain active for us to be able to complete the transfer, so unfortunately there's a chance it's too late to get this sorted now - I do hope that's not the case and would like to take a further look into it to see what can be done. Please look out for my PM (the purple envelope) and get back to me when you can so we can investigate further.

Tom 

0 Kudos