cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK to use hub for phone calls?

Oxford
Tuning in

My landline is playing up. Just crackles on the line, have tried 3 different phones and different cables but get the same result. I'll have to get hold of VM to sort it out. 

But....I was wondering...

If I buy an adapter can I just plug my phone into my Hub3? or do I have to wait until Virgin say it's OK to do this?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for any advice 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Oxford,

Glad we were able to go about sorting out the switchover for your Landline, if you do have any further questions about this or anything else with your services please do reach out.

Joe

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Oxford,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear your landline is having this issue you can find some useful fault diagnostics here. With regards to buying your own adaptor, unless your area has been migrated over to the new system this would not work as the codes won't be on your account, we can look into swapping this over earlier for you as per a fault request if you wanted but we would advise running the normal diagnostics first.

Joe

Thanks for the quick reply. Tried all the the trouble-shooting tips over the last couple of days. Still not working.

How do I know if my area has been migrated?

WiFi and TV are fine just landline playing up.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Oxford,

If your area is in the process of being migrated you will be notified via letter of the switch and how it will process, if you would like I can run some further diagnostics with you to see if we can ascertain the issue, if you would like me to do so let me know and I can do.

Joe

That would be great 

What do I need to do?

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Oxford,

For this I would just need to take you into a quick private message so that we can discuss this and I can gather some information from you, if you have not used this feature before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Joe

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Oxford,

Glad we were able to go about sorting out the switchover for your Landline, if you do have any further questions about this or anything else with your services please do reach out.

Joe