Menu
Shewolf83
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Number porting

Hi

I recently added phone and TV to my broadband and asked to port my number from my old provider. 

My mum rang our old provider who tried to get us to stay with them (so didn't cancel the account) but we said that all we needed was them to leave the number active for porting but we would be leaving.

I've recieved a text just now to say "Hello, it s Virgin Media here. Unfortunately, we are unable to port your home telephone number as you have disconnected it from your current provider, and we are only able to port active telephone numbers. We have provided you with a Virgin media number."

The number is still active. As we're still using it. Any idea what I can do to fix this? 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Marisa

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number porting

Hi Marisa, 

Thanks for posting and sorry for any confusion regarding your number port.

Can you please call a mobile from your landline to double check the number that's showing is not the virgin one you've been allocated?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Shewolf83
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have rang my mobile from the house phone. It's my number we've had for 30 years showing on the screen.

Its still very much active. 

I have bought new cordless phones today which I haven't connected to my router yet. When I do they will have the virgin number. The old one comes through a phone box in the hallway. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for confirming for me, 

I'm sorry for any confusion regarding changing it over.

I've popped you over a private message so I can get a few more details to help further.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Shewolf83
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

My mum recieved a letter this morning from SSE to say they've been contacted by virgin to say we're moving provider. No mention of the phone number in the letter though.

After the second text to say they couldn't move the number I haven't heard any more from virgin. But the SSE letter states we leave them on the 27th. So hoping this will happen now. Still need confirmation from yourselves though.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi SheWolf83,

Thanks for coming back to us about this, I can see on your services that your landline port is still scheduled so that's fine. 

Ports can take up to 10 days to complete, please come back to us after this time frame if there has still been no action.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Shewolf83
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Can I ask if this has actually gone ahead as I've had that many back and forward messages regarding this and no actual answer as to whether the phone number will be ported over. I've recieved 2 texts to say my number is disconnected and won't port, even tho it wasn't, yet virgin are saying it will port but the request kept being cancelled at that end and someone would get back to me regarding it. 

My old phone number is showing as number not valid today. But my virgin one still works. Can I just know that my number is being ported? As SSE told me that the move to yourselves was scheduled for today but never mentioned the number.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Shewolf83,

I have some good news that your number port has been accepted but I would need to speak to you in a private message to confirm the exact date for the port to be going ahead.

I will send a message over in a moment to pass account security and we can give you the porting information.

Regards

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You're very welcome Marissa, please let me know if you have any further issues with your number port.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos