cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number port query

dave_dph
Superfast

Would Virgin be able to port a number from Firstcom Europe (previously known as voip.co.uk), to my existing Virgin line?

The number was originally from BT and was ported to voip around 2007.

If yes, is this something that can be arraged through the forum, or is it a call to Customer Services?

9 REPLIES 9

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

When I have changed providers the new Provider as done everything when I ordered, such as telling present Provider and getting my number transferred.

This happened when I came to VM too.

Open Reach FTTP via ZEN 100mbs

Client62
Hero

Seriously, keep the number with a VOIP provider it offers so much more control and flexibility.

VM are only offering a basic analogue phone service - you can not use a VOIP phone or VOIP app.

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

What is that I'm getting then?

I've just been disconnected from the separate landline and now my phone is coming on the co-ax that brings the broadband I thought that was termed VOIP.

Client62
Hero

You are getting an analogue telephone service just from the Hub's RJ11 socket.
The big clue is you are still using you old analogue telephone instruments !

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello dave_dph

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community.

We are currently looking into your request and will be able to offer you further information within in the next couple of days. 

In the meantime, we would like to check a few details on the account in regards to the set up of your phoneline. To do this, please check the red bar at the top of the page for a private message from us. 

Thanks, 

Nat

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

Thanks Natalie_L With Reference to Client52 I'm on Digital now the Engineer told me when he disconnected the copper landline and transferred it onto the broadband. Yes I know it is the same phone I'm using which Client52 calls analogue. As far as I'm aware I'm Voice over Internet Protocol.  Works so I'm ok with that.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply and for confirming. 

We are also double checking your request for the number port with the correct team. 

We expect to receive a response to this within the next 24 - 48 hours and will update you then. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Thank you.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem at all, my apologies for the confusion. 

Speak soon, 

Nat