cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number port issue

Mr-R
On our wavelength

Hi All,

Hoping you can point me in the right direction when it comes to number port (from BT to Virgin Media). 

The number was a digital voice number with BT (so on their voip platform) and was being ported across to Virgin (again the voip service). 

So on the original date, there was no number port. So we arranged it afterwards (thankfully the BT line hadn’t gone off yet). 

So now it’s moved except it doesn’t seem to have completed properly. 

So outgoing calls work fine with the correct number as do incoming calls from Vodafone, O2 and 3 mobiles. It also worked fine from a TalkTalk landline. 

However all incoming calls from EE and BT landlines still connect to BT voicemail. 

The BT line hasn’t gone off yet. 

I’ve tried raising this to Virgin but they were adamant (after a long wait to get through) that all was OK. 

As the gaining provider, Virgin should own the resolution of this one but unsure how to get the right department to get this sorted 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mr-R 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with incoming EE and BT calls. I'm going to send you a private message, so I can gather some more details and then raise it to our Telephony Team, who will request for BT and EE to update their routing files.

Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope, or by tapping your profile picture and then "Messages"

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mr-R 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with incoming EE and BT calls. I'm going to send you a private message, so I can gather some more details and then raise it to our Telephony Team, who will request for BT and EE to update their routing files.

Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope, or by tapping your profile picture and then "Messages"

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

Client62
Legend

EE and BT landlines still connect to BT voicemail. -  EE & BT have failed to (or yet to) update their routing data.

The customers of EE & BT that can not call to your ported number at VM need to contact their provider (EE or BT) and inform them the number has been ported to Virgin Media but their calls still being routing to (the previous provider) BT. 

Mr-R
On our wavelength

Appreciate the replies and the reach out Reece. 

We’re all on the same page as to the routing files not being updated correctly. The barrier was super long waits to get through to agents who didn’t understand the problem statement. 

As the gaining provider, Virgin are responsible for sorting this. Now Reece has reached out, I’m confident this will be sorted ASAP. 

Thanks again

Mr-R
On our wavelength

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to @Reece_MH

Firstly, for clearly understanding the problem.

Secondly for being amazingly proactive and sending the message to reach out.

Thirdly, for keeping me in the loop with progress and

Finally, for fixing the issue. All it took was his touch in order to get this fully resolved. Number is now ported and the BT line is closed. 

Happy days 😀

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mr-R 👋

Thanks for providing an update to others in the thread, and for your private messages.

It's great to hear that we've been able to get things resolved for you in regards to this routing issue 🎉 As mentioned to you privately, if you do ever need anything else, just create a new post and we'll be more than happy to assist.

Have a great rest of your week 😊,

Reece - Forum Team