Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Number not recognisedd

Just plugged a phone into my socket. I get a dialling tone but beeps and says number not recognised. I dont know my own number as never used it before.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number not recognisedd

Hi Seanyboy1986

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting.  Firstly nobody ever knows there own number so you are not alone....   🙂

To get your landline number the easiest way to do it is call your mobile number from your landline and this will show on your display screen. Alternatively dial 174 or 175 and your number will be given to you over the phone.

Try the above and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I cant dial put. Keep saying number not recognised. Got 2 sockets. Put it on 1 and get a dial tone. Put it in the other which seems to be linked to where the cables come through for virgin. Screen just says check line. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Seanyboy1986,

Sorry for the confusion, we thought you could not get your telephone number, not that you cannot dial out. When did you have the line installed?

What happens when you place the phone back in to the socket with the dial tone? Is this when you get the message number not recognised? Do you get this message when you call any number or just once certain number?

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've tried a couple of numbers and getting the same message when I use the socket with the dial tone. Virgin had been installed previous to me moving in. I did self installation 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Right I see Seanyboy1986,

We will need to take a closer look at your account to see what is going on an make sure that everything has been activated correctly for you.

I am going to pop you over a private message, click on the purple envelope to accept that chat.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos