Menu
MrB999
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Number not ported over (seems to be a common theme at the moment!) and Wifi Boosters not delivered

My account with Virgin started in March - during the sign up we requested a number transfer on the application form.  This was confirmed with the pre-install team on 18th March.  As we heard nothing when the service went active at the end of March, I contacted VM on chat and after many days of waiting for responses, was eventually told the number porting had been processed/ordered on 12th April.  I have heard nothing since - I have tried contacting on the text and chat service - each time had to explain the situation, each time transferred to another team who can apparently assist and there ends the discussion again with no further response.

After a few weeks, I have tried dialling my old phone number and someone else answered it, which suggests this was not actioned and my old number may now have been re-allocated or a crossed-line.

Please can I get an update on the phone number transfer?

Second issue - your Connect app suggested I need Wifi Boosters due to wifi blackspots in the house - I ordered these, was sent an order confirmation and my contract was updated on 3rd April.  A text message on 6th and nother on 7th April said Yodel would be in touch to deliver on 7th April - nothing has been received (messages or kit from Yodel) and no word since then.  As my contract states I have already had it, I am worried you will try charging me for missing kit, when I haven't received it - a colleague on chat suggested there had been a delay, but that was nearly a month ago and doesn't explain how the system updated to say it was on its way.  The app also suggests I need a second Booster at another point in the house, but I cannot get through to anyone to order that (and can't order it, as the main kit hasn't been delivered either to get the second additional booster). 

Please can any VM staff assist with both these queries?  It seems with home working, not all VM staff on the text or chat service have access to the right parts of the system to sort either of the above, and I am loathe to be wasting more time on chat or text to get transferred into a black hole for the 6th(?) time in a month. I appreciate it is challenging times, but days between replies and then keep getting abandoned/transferred to different departments never to be dealt with on the recommended text or chat system isn't helpful and probably need a rethink/refinement.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
MrB999
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number not ported over (seems to be a common theme at the moment!) and Wifi Boosters not delivered

Is anyone from VM team able to help with both of my issues please?

Many thanks
0 Kudos
MrB999
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number not ported over (seems to be a common theme at the moment!) and Wifi Boosters not delivered

It is now two weeks since I posted my query above and unfortunately I have not received one response, yet most posts since mine have been responded to and dealt with.  I have tried the text system, the chat system, spoken on the phone to a CS agent and on here - yet I appear no further forward.  Do I need to post on two forums for my two issues, or am I just unlucky in my experience of Virgin Media not responding or resolving my issues?  I appreciate times are challenging, but other people seem to still be getting their issues resolved.

As I have now had a contract running for two months, with the number transfer not processed and the wifi extenders not being delivered to give me a stable wifi connection around the house (despite my contract being updated to say it was processed), what more can I do please?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number not ported over (seems to be a common theme at the moment!) and Wifi Boosters not deli...

Hi MrB999, thanks for your post - apologies for the delay getting back to you.

I'm also sorry to hear the issues raised haven't been resolved so far. With regards to your phone line, was it explained what the delay is caused by - and do you know if the phone line is still active with your old provider at this stage?

The booster kit can be ordered via our Connect app (available for iOS & Android) just head to the broadband tab to run diagnostics on your WiFi and follow the onscreen steps. 

Tom

0 Kudos
MrB999
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number not ported over (seems to be a common theme at the moment!) and Wifi Boosters not deli...

Thank you for your reply Tom. Despite a number of communications, all with people who are going to follow up and provide an update, no, I have received no reason why the number port was not processed. I had spoken to the pre-install team on 18th March and they confirmed it would take place once the phone was connected. It was due to take place around joining on 27th March (!) and was then apparently processed again on 12th April after further chasing by me to find out when it would transfer. I have heard nothing concrete since and when I ring that number now someone else answers - so yes the number is live, just not at my address/on my contract.

I already went through the app to order the extenders - this was confirmed on 3/4 (I have an order reference) and my contract was updated. It was due to be delivered on 7/4 according to the emails and texts from your system, but did not arrive, nor any update from Yodel with delivery details. Since then I have been on chat, text and phone - the last update was over a week ago when it was apparently in hand - but again nothing since. Some system has been messed up, as the contract was updated to say I have it. when it was never delivered (nor indeed despatched, as no Yodel tracking information provided). I cannot place a second order through the app, as your system thinks I already have them.

Many thanks for looking into these for me.
0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for explaining. I'll send a PM shortly to confirm some details & will do my best to help from there. Just look out for the purple envelope and please get back to me when you can.

Tom

0 Kudos