Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Number Transfer

Hi,

So we currently have two virgin media lines in one property. We got the second one as we intended to switch over to it, because it was cheaper. When we went to cancel the first one we were asked if we wanted to transfer the phone number from the first account to the second. We said yes and was told that the holder of the second account had to phone up and request the number transfer. I have just been on the phone for 30 minutes and have been told it is not possible to transfer the number from once account to the other as number transfers can only be done when switching from a different provider, which was not something that was mention when the first account holder went to cancel. As it stand we are going to be charged still for two accounts as the first is just the phone line and the second is tv phone and internet. I wanted to know if what I have been told is correct and the number transfer cannot be done between two virgin media accounts.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number Transfer

Hi mkneafsey,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, I am sorry to hear there has been some confusion around porting a virgin number to another virgin number.

This is correct we are unable to port between Virgin media numbers we can only port in or out to another provider.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Okay, thanks for letting me know. Is there any way I can find out what my new number is? I was at work the day my new install was done and the person who was home didn't write down a number.

Would the other account holder have to phone up and request their phone line be cancelled as well?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you dial either 174 or 175 from your handset it will repeat your number back to you. 

Just to confirm, if you're wanting to only have one account at the property, if they've requested the number be ported then this would be cancelled when this is complete. If this wasn't possible as you were going from a Virgin Media account to another Virgin Media account then they would need to contact us to provide their 30 days notice. 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos