Menu
sharpypaul
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Number Port Failure

Hi, I have spoken to someone today about my issue and I'm hoping something might be able to be done. He had to submit a report/complaint on my behalf but as people seem to have success through this channel I will raise it here and hopefully the matter can be resolved.

I raised an order with Virgin on 12th November to take up broadband and to move my home phone number from Sky as Sky were unable to provide broadband at my new address. On the 2nd December I had a text asking me to call Virgin as they needed my old and new postcode and my phone number to be transferred. This raised alarm bells and I was concerned there was a problem but the person I spoke to didn't know why I was calling as she couldn't see an issue.

On the 3rd December i received another text asking for more information. They said the phone number had been written down wrong. I clarified this and everything appeared to be good.

On the 4th December someone called me from Customer Services to check the existing postcode and who the number was with.

On the 12th December I had my install date (moved due to my phone number being written down incorrectly) and the engineer spoke to the porting team who confirmed the number transfer was in progress and she confirmed the number.

On 15th December I had a text saying the port request had failed due to the number being disconnected. As I pointed out to the person I spoke to it wasn't when the request should have been made! He didn't really want to progress anything until I really pushed him and mentioned that Virgin seem to do this a lot judging by this forum and that the resolution is to speak to BT Openreach. He then said he could see my number was available so said he would submit another request. He said the issue was caused by it being logged as a Sky number and not a BT number.

Today I received the same text message saying that it had failed and to use the number Virgin have provided. I don't want this number as the one that Virgin failed to port correctly I have had for 22 years and don't appreciate Virgin not being able to transfer it across, especially as I was advised it could take up to 10 days from installation. I have successfully transferred my number between BT and Sky a number of times seamlessly and without issue yet as soon as I come to Virgin it all goes wrong.

The person I spoke today on faults was very helpful and has completed an escalation/complaints form on behalf. As I am wary that my old number is floating around and could be reissued at any time I want to get this issue resolved asap hence my request on here.

If someone could get my number back for me I would be very grateful. The latest port request is FOR001614067.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number Port Failure

Hi sharpypaul,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your port in. 

I do wish to look into this so I will private message you to get further information. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
sharpypaul
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

After Martin trying to help me out for 2 weeks and not getting anywhere with my request along came my savior Zac! Luckily I had commented on someone else's post who also had the same problem and Zac had messaged me previously. He could see Martin had been trying to help out and asked if I needed any more assistance. As I knew he had helped another person I said yes please and within 3 days I had my number back!

Perseverance is the key, don't give up and don't take what Virgin say as the final option, keep plugging away, there are people at Virgin who can get things done.

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi sharpypaul, 

Thank you for letting us know the issue has not been resolved and for the lovely feedback for my colleagues, I will ensure this is passed on. 

Please do let us know if we can assist further in the future. 

Take care

Nat
0 Kudos