cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nuisance/Marketing Calls

GuyMal
On our wavelength

Our old sky free screening service discouraged nuisance and marketing calls. But since moving to Virgin 6 weeks ago we’re getting more and more. Can you help?

3 REPLIES 3

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @GuyMal 👋

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you are receiving nuisance calls. 

If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend signing up to the Telephone Preference Service (https://tpsonline.org.uk) which helps to minimise unwanted calls. 

Let me know if we can help with anything else. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

GuyMal
On our wavelength

Hi

When I went to TPSonline my iPad told me this was an insecure connection which may be used to harvest my info. Is it legit? Why isn’t it a more recognisable Virgin URL?

Nearly all my recent nuisance calls are from people claiming to be from Virgin, asking to review my contract to ensure it meets my needs. I keep telling them my contract is only about 2 months old and I don’t want to review it, but they have called about 6 times on both my landline and mobile. Last time I asked them to change my marketing preferences so I don’t get marketing calls from Virgin anymore (though I thought that’s how I set them when setting up my Virgin package. Were these legit Virgin calls or is something going on? They are coming from 0800 0521251

Hi @GuyMal 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. The TPS link is a legitimate website. 

You can purchase your own house phone that has an inbuilt call screener, for example it screens all calls coming through. I have used that before.

Apologies for the unwanted calls from marketing though, we'll send you a PM now to ensure you're removed.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill