Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Nuisance Calls

Has anybody else noticed an increase in nuisance calls since transferring their landline to VM? I had no nuisance calls when my landline was with Plusnet now I'm starting to get at least one a week after being with VM for 12 months When I pick the phone up its dead its normally a 00800 number

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nuisance Calls

Good afternoon @A_LancashireLad 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the post. 

I am really sorry to hear that you have had an increase in nuance calls, you are able to report these via this link 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nuisance Calls

@A_LancashireLad wrote:

Has anybody else noticed an increase in nuisance calls since transferring their landline to VM? I had no nuisance calls when my landline was with Plusnet now I'm starting to get at least one a week after being with VM for 12 months When I pick the phone up its dead its normally a 00800 number

Nuisance and scam calls are mentioned very frequently on the forums. The VM system only has minimal customer-controlled features to limit them on their landlines.

Is it always the same 00800 number or different ones with that prefix? Unfortunately, you can't infer anything much from the caller ID alone as to who is calling as the caller ID is very easily faked by scammers. If you wish to avoid marketing calls from VM, you can set that in your contact preferences in 'My Virgin Media'.

Have you looked at what features your home phone has to limit or screen the calls? Some of them are mentioned in the link from message #2 above. Some cordless phones do allow you to block certain number ranges or individual numbers. Others can allocate different ringtones to callers in your phone address book which can help identify known from unknown callers. Unknown callers can be ignored and left to go to answering machine based on the ringtone.

Call blocking and screening devices, and phones with those features, are probably the most effective way to deal with nuisance calls on your VM landline.

0 Kudos