Menu
Thisnotfun
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not being helped

Renewed my contract over phone/broadband in Feb. No paperwork sent or emailed regarding this and in March realised they were taking double amount due out, leaving me financially up a creek. By then in lock down and self isolating at my elderly mothers. Tried continuously using live chat to contact them, i have no civilised words to describe this  experience. Did not get anywhere so forewarned them i had no option but to cancel my dd.

Wrote complaint sent letter asking for my money bk and to honour my contract. Letter sent bk saying they had tried to contact me(1 missed call on my mobile) gave me a number to text and ref no. Needless to say this has not helped one bit no one got bk. Then last week, as been trying live chat, got someone finally to acknowledge what i was saying was true said they would send out contract then left mid conversation. Have had nothing yet ,phone still disconnected. What else can i try?? 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not being helped

A warm welcome to our Community Forum Thisnotfun and I'm sorry to hear about your contract and billing issue and that it hasn't been resolved despite contacting us several times.  I understand that you want to get it sorted and we'd like to help, however we'll need some more information from you such as whether you're able to log into your online cable account to view your billing and contract?

Can I also ask whether you have changed email addresses with us? I ask because we would have sent the new contract to your email address. Can you check your deleted and spam folders just to make sure?

Also I strongly advise that you don't cancel your direct debit with us to avoid any surprise billing and if we can see that the amounts are correct we can make arrangements to correct this.

Please get back to us so we can help on this matter as we can get the details via a Private Message to look into your account.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Thisnotfun
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi lisa

has not been several times but hundreds of times have tried to contact virgin media since the end of April. 

i also wrote two letters of complaint which only provided a general letter bk telling me to text a number with complaint no and then nothing happened. 

i did everything in my power to try and get this resolved. Told and gave warning that i would have to cancel my dd which i have done .So now disconnected. You were taking money that i needed for food.

i have never been able to access my virgin media and have not changed my email.  

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thisnotfun,

Thanks for clarifying that info for us, I am so sorry for this whole experience. 

Can I ask what package you agreed to and if you have any evidence like a screenshot of the conversation if you spoke to us on text chat?

Secondly, can I ask what price you are paying now, which you feel is incorrect?

Also, how did you sign up for this new contract? 

We will try our very best to get to the bottom of this for you.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Thisnotfun
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

my complaint no is COM104053445 which has everything spelt out and was sent 15.5.2020.Received a letter 26.5.20 saying to text 07533051809 which i did but no agent has rung me back.

The complaint was at this point for a refund of money taken in march(£26.01) as £54.31 taken and April (£24.11  )as £52.41 and the contract i renewed to be honoured.I also said i would have to cancel my dd. which i have had to do, as could not afford this amount of money to go out definitely as no one sorting problem. I also said i was unable to access the virgin media and never have and they continue to spell my name wrong although been notified numerous times about this.  Notified them self isolating at my mums not my home and gave my mobile and email address. 

The contract was renewed over the phone around the 13th feb by my support worker from Penumbra, so if needed she will have her own notes of conversation, We were going to cancel broadband/home phone as had gone from £27.00 to £50.50. Was offered   a new contract at what we heard as £28.30 a month plus a free sim card with some free call time and texts. Was told first payment would be £51.88 for some reason then £28.30. The call was not easy to understand and the virgin agent put the phone doing sharply to ask more questions. I received the simm but no info on the details so did not put it to use which i am so glad of now as dont know what you would have taken money wise from me. I have never received a contract from this conversation.

I didn't know how to do screen shots but i have plenty of photos of screen during live chats, since end of April that shows  me getting continually transferred and no response, getting a response but not looking into what i was saying, being acknowledged they have seen the problem being transferred and then no one answering or saying that it was the high payment. the last time being 14th July where agent  was saying it was £28.50 would receive contract, haven't had anything and still disconnected he said hed changed my name but then stopped mid conversation!

What has led insult to injury as of July have started to get emails demanding money when have never had them contact me and they are not using it to address my complaint so something wring there.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information and those complaint references. 

I have taken a look at the references. For the reference ending 445 I can see a letter was sent out concerning the resolution to the complaint. 

Did you get this letter?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Thisnotfun
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The only letters i have got was as previously stated: asking me to text a number with complaint no which no one then contacted to resolve. After sent another complaint received a letter dated 1st July saying that someone would be in touch the next seven days which has not happened.

No other letter or form of correspondence has arrived?So no have had no correspondence that has resolved a resolution of complaint.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Okay, thank you for that information. 

What I need to do is private message you so we can discuss this further. 

^Martin

0 Kudos